Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 22:03

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 354/280/150
BF:
Progress: 36%
Question New here

Hi everyone. I've been browsing this forum for the last two weeks. You've already been so so much help to me. So first of all, I just want to thank everyone for sharing so much pertinant information.

I'm 24 years old. Very fat. lol Obviously I guess. I've struggled with weight my whole life. It just never ends. I've tried about everything to lose weight. And this was kind of a last ditch effort. I couldn't believe it when my first week I lost 10 pounds! And then the second week I lost 7. Tomorrow will be my 3rd weigh in. I realize it won't always come off so fast, but I sure did make things easier to stick to through all the stomache aches and everything else when that weight zipped off. lol

I have a 2, just about 3 year old son. He is the main reason I'm doing this. I was already big, but when my husband died I put on another 70 pounds in like record time. Then my son started to crawl and here I was 354 pounds. I could not beleive it! My fastest before then was 287. And I saw the 300 coming around and panicked my self into weight loss. Our son was only 3 months old, and I hadn't yet gotten the baby fat off of me much less, old fat.....then I gracefully added to it.

I had the worst stomache aches for about the first 4 or 5 days. I've now learned I can't handle salsa....which I used to practically drink. I've notice.....dragon breath. So I have a constant supply of gum and breath mints now. lol But I've found a lot of variations to food now, even cheesecakes and stuff, so I think I might actually be able to stick to this diet after all.....hopefully. lol

Well speaking of the 3 year old son.....he decided he wanted to get up so I gotta go. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Kelly
Sponsored Links