Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 01:48

Plan: None
Stats: 267/267/160 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I'm new, and have some questions

Hi everyone!

Well I'm trying to eat no carbs, and I'm exercising. The only thing I have eaten for the past week is various meats, cheese, and eggs, and water/diet drinks, and I have lost 7 lbs already. i'm not on any kind of diet plan, I'm just freestyling and not eating carbs.

Here are some questions:

Eating just plain meat, cheese, and eggs gets pretty boring. Are there any other foods that have no carbs in it that I should try? Like, any kind of vegetables, etc? It'd be a lot better if I could have a small amount of vegetables to go with the meat Im eating.

I find that I do not defecate nearly as much as I used to, when I was eating normal. Today was the first day in 5 or more days that I have defecated. Is it safe to continue eating just meats, cheeses etc? Or is it recommended to eat some kind of fiber to rid waste when eating just meats?

Is it true that by eating mostly meat, that colon cancer is at a higher risk?

After I reach a certain weight I want to achieve, I'm going to go back to eating normally, but eating healthier. I'm going to be eating a lot more fresh vegetables, etc, and only eat food high in carbs in moderation along with exercise, so I wont gain any weight back. Does that sound like a good plan?
Sponsored Links