Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 11:26

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default Candida/fibro connection

Yes, I firmly believe there is a connection. I am reading a book right now called "CAndida Related Complex - What your doctor might be missing." by Christine Winderlin. I am also reading The Yeast Connection Handbook by William G. Crook, MD. Dr Crook is an expert on yeast overgrowth.

Yes, I understand about the list of symptoms being similiar. You said half the symptoms are allergies, half are fibro. But all are candida. Candida causes allergies and food allergies, too.

Also, Dr. Crook says that women are more susceptible to yeast problems because progesterone levels increase candida. That is why women who are pregnant get more yeast infections. So, yes your problem could be hormone related, and it could all be related to candida.

You did say you have never had a yeast infection, or taken antibiotics in five years. Have you ever taken cortisone medications or steroid medications? Have you ever been on birth control pills? Are you allergic to mold? If you answered no to all of these questions, it might not be candida that is an issue for you. I personally very rarely get a vaginal yeast infection. I have a myriad of other symptoms, mainly gastrointestinal. I am allergic to mold. Highly allergic I should say. Mold allergies are a big indicator of candida overgrowth.

I am taking a few different formulas to help eradicate the yeast. First I am still following the induction plan on Atkins. Second I am taking Candistroy, alternating with Yeast Cleanse, and Olive leaf extract. I also take a probiotic. I am noticing a clearing of symptoms, all happening slowly. It can take 6 months to totally clear candida, and perhaps longer.

I hope that this was not too confusing. I agree with you that hormones could be an issue for you. But the question is, what is causing your hormone levels to be out of balance? Candida could play a part in that, but it could be many other issues. Research is key. Dr. Crook has a website, just search for Dr. Crook on google .com, and he has a questionaire. You might want to look into it.

Hope all this was helpful!!!

Have a great day!!

-Jess