Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 07:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/221/200
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Farewell I guess

Started October 15th at 235, lost a few on induction then a few more to get me down to 221. Now I am back up to 230. Yeah this is working great! In all reality I have probably gained at least 10 lbs because of the water weight I would put on if I go off plan. I started gaining after I upped the fat over 65% to try to bust the 3 month stall. Anyway, tried calories up and down 10X current weight, a little more, a little less. Tried 65% up to a little over 70% fat, tried 20 carbs, tried more. Tried cutting back on caffeine, tried more exercise but I'm sorry this just aint cutting it. The way I see it, the goal is to lose fat and or inches and if that isn't happening then what is the point? I do enjoy eating the food but really do not feel "awesome or energetic" as most seem. I do feel like I have been eating "healthier" since I would never eat anything green. I lost 72 lbs last year from January to mid July using the Slimfast program. I know I will get nailed for this but, I think I will give that a try for a week or two. My goal is to carryover the good habits that I have picked up on Atkins to Slimfast. I do not want to get caught back up in the junk food fest. I certainly will entertain the idea of coming back especially since I seem to be able to maintain on atkins, I did that for a couple of months until I upped fat intake but I have to make the scale go down. I am a very patient person but you would think that after all I have done I would have seen more results than an overall gain.
Sponsored Links