Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 09:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%
Exclamation OMG 60g of carbs yesterday!

Yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday, and we spent just about the whole day eating! We went out to eat lunch at this Greek place and I had some pork shiskabobs (probably about 10oz of pork rib meat? with some onion and green peppers plus the marinade that was on the meat), about 2 cups of lettuce and about 1/2 cup of tomato with italian dressing. Then we went to go see a movie (brought 1oz of pork rinds with 1/2 cup melted cheddar on it, & sipped water) and then we went to this sushi place and I ate the largest sashimi platter they had (a whopping $60USD!). I would guess it was probably about 4oz of shellfish, 12oz of other fish, about 1/2 cup of shredded daikon, 1/4 tsp of wasabi, and probably about 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Ok, that wasn't too bad, right? Well, on the way home, we stopped at Walgreens and found those carbolite gourmet selections chocolates, sour citrus slices, and gummy bears. I ate 1/2 the box of chocolates (3 servings) and 1/2 the bag of the citrus slices (1 serving). I came home and added everything up at fitday, and OMG!!!!!! The total carb count was over 60g after subtracting fiber! I didn't subtract any carbs from the carbolite stuff because I don't know how (even though it says it only has 2g of effective carbs per serving). I got up this morning and checked the ketostix and thankfully still in ketosis. I'm weighing in at 166.5 this morning! I've got gas like you wouldn't believe, but I haven't gone to the bathroom yet because the fiber count was less than 10g. Well, I'm back on the plan this morning Thanks for listening to my guilt-ventilation!
Sponsored Links