Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 13:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/183/140?
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy alittle sad :-( am i doing atkins correctly?

hello all, I started the atkins diet induction this past monday, and after reading a bunch of posts here im starting to get confused about what the atkins diet is.. here is my situation, and i hope an atkins guru can guide me. am i eating to much protein and not enough fat? am i right on? to many/to little calories?

I am a 23 year old "fallen" bodybuilder that was once 225 lbs and built like a brick house at age 20 with the help of steriods

i stay away from steroids now but now i am 185 lbs and REALLY chubby for my 5' 7" frame ... that being said.. what i am worried about is my fat verses protein intake here is a sample menu

8:30 am breakfast= 1 sausage patty and an omlete (4 eggs +a slice of cheese

12:00- lunch= one chicken breast with one cup of romaine lettuce.. 4 slices of chedder cheese and maybe 6 tablespoons of ranch dressing (im a ranch lover)

5:00 one atkins bar BEFORE my workout

optional EDIT---- if im real hungry i have a can of tuna with a teaspoon of kraft merical whip after my workout....

8:00 dinner two BIG beef patties (pan fried in their own juices)
along with another handful of romaine lettuce.. 4 chunks of chedder and again lots of ranch dressing..

along with this i drink 6 one liter's of water a day..

is there a dietition or (smarter then i am) person that can tell me if im doing this correctly? i am the type of person that needs a STRICT menu.. and have the will power of a machine so i can basicly stay on the same menu/(induction) untill i am looking how i want too.... i just cant make sense of all the information out there at this point such as do i NEED 20 carbs.. do i HAVE to come off of induction after two weeks etc... i have read the atkins book cover to cover.. but im still confused:-(

also forgot to mention as this may play a big role.. at the same time i started atkins i started back to the gym on my old routine...... i HEAVILY lift 4 times a week for about an hour and do cardio after each workout for around 30 minutes.

anyones help is GREATLY apprieciated

Last edited by gatorbytes : Thu, Feb-27-03 at 13:26.
Sponsored Links