Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 19:00

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 148/149/144
BF:
Progress: -25%
Default New and Scared!!

Hi!!

I am new to LCing and am really scared! I did Atkins induction diet for a week, but decided that I liked the Schwarzbein Principle better. I only have 8 pounds to loose, but am sick and tired of being sick and tired to do it. I lost 20 lb with WW, but HATE the thought of having to continue the program. I just cannot count points any longer. I also am a very good cheater!!! I ate junk all day, but did stay within my points.

I've been LCing for 10 days now.
I don't know that I've lost any weight and I swear my belly's gettin' bigger. I realize that it's that TOM and this isn't a great time to weigh. I am 5ft 10in and want to weigh around 140-145. Is this realistic, or am I setting myself up for failure? I'm tired of relying on a number on the scale for my self worth! I really do feel better, other than being scared I'll gain weight. I have more energy, feel more sane and do feel more in control. Maybe this is a good trade off for being thin? I do, however, want both.

Some questions I have are, how do you know if you're eating too much food? I know how to count the carbs, but how do you do the rest? I guess I am just really afraid that I'll fail at this attempt, too. I want to learn to eat normally and in a healthy way. I am tired of obsessing. Any suggestions or help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links