Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-11, 14:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/170/150 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Difficult dropping the last few pounds

Dear all, I'm a new member of the community

I'd like to know how difficult it is to drop the remaining few pounds. Here is my brief history with Atkins and my general situation:

I'm a naturally muscular guy and my ideal weight should be between 140-165. During the last year of college and the first year out, I gained roughly 30 pounds, from 165 to 195 lbs. Once I hit 195, I tried Atkins and stayed on induction / near induction for approx 3 months, resulting in a 25 lb weight loss (to 170). However, I hit a wall and can't seem to break under 170. Six months later, gained another 4 pounds (to 174).

I'm back on induction again and dropped 4 pounds in the first week, but seem to be stuck again on the 170 level. I'm wondering if anybody here have experience with dropping the last few pounds? Ideally, I want to hit 150, although I would look good at 160 (my college weight).

As far as eating goes, I eat every meal at a restaurant since my company pays for it and I'm too lazy to cook. I stick to the meats and veggies (I like both) but sometimes can't avoid a little bit of bread when dinning with clients. My only other sin is Friday night drinking, and I tend to have quite a bit (8-9 beers/shots on average a night, possibly more since who knows whats in the mixed drinks).

As for exercise, I lift and run at high intensity intervals at least 3 times a week.

So, bottom line, please assess how long I'll take to reach 160 and 150 (from 170, my most difficult barrier). Thanks!
Sponsored Links