Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 17:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hello!

I thought that I should go ahead and introduce myself since I've already posted some (didn't know if I was going to, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying the board). My husband and I started Atkins on Feb. 2. By the 12th we realized that we were eating too many carbs. We downloaded a tracking program into our PDA's which has helped a lot. So we started fresh on the 13th, went out and bought a scale on the 14th, and have been feeling good about the program ever since. My husband does most of the cooking and it's been fun discovering new things to eat! I used to hate trying new things, so I've come a long ways. Since flushing my system of sweet carbs, I've noticed that I'm tasting foods in ways that I've never tasted before. I used to only like carrots and corn (talk about your sweet veggies)! I had done most of my reading on the web and finally purchased the book so I'm working my way through that. I'm really thankful that my husband and I are doing this together. Luckily my kids are adventurous when it comes to eating, though we do still make the occasional pasta for them (like Mac N Cheese when we're in a hurry - we cook up some steak after they've gone to bed, a little romantic dinner for two )

I'm glad my husband discovered this group because I'm really enjoying it. It's great the way everyone supports one another!

-Cait
Sponsored Links