Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 10:05

Plan: fat flush
Stats: 150/145/130
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question lots of questions

hi-
i am very happy to find this site!
some of my friends are doing fat flush and i read the book and it seemed to make lots of sense to me. i have known for a long time that i don't do well with carbs. about 15 years ago i tried fit for life but was always hungry w/o mixing protein and carbs.

i started almost a month ago cutting out caffeine and sugar. i started cutting down all my carbs too and eating more veg, drinking water, etc. to get ready for the fat flush. i felt fantastic, tons of energy. don't know if i lost any weith because i didn't weigh or measure myself but clothes are essentially the same.

now i have started on it for real. i am soooo hungry without any carbs, and end up eating huge portions of protein - probably close to 12 oz. instead of the 4 suggested. no matter how much veg i eat i am not satisfied. then at the end of the day for the past couple days i have ended up what feels like bingeing on some chocolate, whole grain cereal or nuts. i am eating tiny portions but it feels like bingeing.

i have a hard time being this involved (obsessed?) about what i eat. i have never been hugely overweight but always feel lots better when i am thinner. my weight fluctuates lots and i have never done well with dieting, it always ends up setting up a binge response.

i have some big health issues. i am recovering from a traumatic brain injury for 4 years now. i just got over pretty much 4 years of nausea and the mainstays of my diet were coke and pretzels. i have found that when i eat more i tend to lose weight.

although i would very much like to get down to a smaller size i am dieting mainly for my health. i really liked what fat flush says about liver cleansing, etc.

my main question is - do i need to be so strict? should i up my flax to stave off hunger, or is it better to add a rice cake or small amount of whole grain to my meals and see if this helps? also there is no dairy for the first two weeks of this diet.

the phase 3 of this plan seems pretty easy to follow which is why i chose this plan in addition to it seeming nutritionally sound and do-able . has anyone tried just doing that?

and i am also wondering where the glycemic index might fit in with this plan.

thanks in advance for your help.

wendy
Sponsored Links