Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 22:27
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default going off induction

Hi,

I've been on induction for 4 weeks and I've lost 8 lbs. I'm very happy with that. I'm feeling better already, I don't know if it's loosing the weight or just fuelling my body with better foods, but I have a lot more energy.

I'm going to go off induction tomorrow. This is a little scary, I see now why people are often reluctant to go off induction. But I want to follow what the Dr. says to do in his book, so I'm taking the plunge. I have from 12 to 17 lbs. left to loose to get to the weight I want to be at (160-165).

But I don't know how I'll force myself to eat another 5 grams of carbs every day. I have a hard time getting 20 grams down now. I've been trying to buy more of the higher carb allowed veggies, but damn I can't wait to be able to add some nuts and berries in a couple weeks. That'll help a lot.

Last Wednesday I went to a cooking class that Karen did and it was great. She showed us some terrific recipes and we got to sample them all. So Trish and I have been getting more adventurous in our meals and it's great. Thanks Karen! (BTW, for those who haven't met Karen in person she is just as wonderful, helpful, and nice in person as she is here. But you probably knew that anyways.)

Sorry for the long post, I'm just kind of rambling so I'll stop now.

Arnie
Sponsored Links