Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 20:19
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts then Atkins now trying Somersizing
Stats: 122/118/110
BF:Dont know
Progress: 33%
Default Hey all you happy LC'ers

I'm still trying to find my way around, this is a pretty massive board, bigger than most I've visited. There does seem to be alot of information and Im glad because I have alot of questions.

I've been on this "diet" (actually Im trying to change the way I eat for life) for 9 days now. The original inspiration was Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and my search to find out why my Hypoglycemic condition seems to be getting worse and worse even though I eat all day long!

Learning about the carb issue is bittersweet for me, sweet because Im thanking god there is something I can do to stop the low blood sugar symptoms that drive me crazy and prevent me from living a normal life, and bitter because I am the biggest carb addict that ever lived and the last 9 days have been torturous. (not exagerrating!) I think it would be easier to quit smoking than cutting back on carbs.

I'm not having a problem with the fact that you can lose weight on this diet either, I only have about 10 lbs to lose whish isnt much but I was well on my way to much higher considering the fact that I gained that and an extra five and found that the more I ate the hungrier I felt. I feel like I've been going in circles with it all. It really gets frustrating. My stragety was to exercise like a maniac, but I am exhausted alot of the time because of it.

My first question of day then is how long till you stop getting the cravings!? 9 days now and they are not all gone, I have to FORCE down the things that I am supposed to eat, its like my body just DOES NOT WANT THIS! You would think if I was really that hungry I would eat what was available right? I'd almost rather not eat at all than not have the thing I want (cereal, toast, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, rice, etc..) but because of the HG I have to eat to function.

Is everyone else finding the first couple of weeks as hard as I am?

Stargrrl
Sponsored Links