Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 17:12

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Mission Accomplished! The grocery...

I had a nice productive time at the grocery. I got the veggies that I like (lettuce, tomato, cauliflower, cucumber) which are on the allowed list for Induction. I was looking for a low-carb dressing. I only like Italian dressing when I choose to use dressing at all. All the bottles I looked at had 2g, 3g, etc. One of them even had 1g, but it looked like a bottle of olive oil YUCK! Then on the bottom shelf on the very right corner, there it was... I found NO CARB - NO SUGAR Italian Dressing! I even read through all the ingredients. It has no -ose's listed whatsoever. Now I haven't tried it yet, so I can't tell you what it tastes like, but it's look is ok. The name is Walden Farms no-carb sugar free dressing. OHHHHHHHHHHH!!! And the most exciting thing is that my grocery actually has DIET-RITE! I got a 2-liter each of cola and tangerine. I sipped the cola for a taste of it before I drew a full glass. It's actually very good! I wonder if it tastes better because of the Splenda? I have never liked the taste of SweetNLow (aspartame), so that's probably why I never liked Diet Coke. I should love the tangerine, because it's orange soda, and who can go wrong with orange soda? I don't figure I will NOT like it if the Cola tastes good! I still won't drink very much of it, since I never drink very much soda anyway, but it's nice to know that it's sitting there waiting for me and I can drink it w/o feeling guilty Now if my grocery just had Diet-Rite rootbeer! (they had a small selection)
Sponsored Links