Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:58

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:35
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Oh something else

I was skimming on the internet last night and found this book that might be of some interest. The book is written by Dr. Paul Rivas and the title of it is "Turning Off The Hunger Switch." Has to do with the struggle of losing weight inspite of the hard work and good intention. Feels that there are four catagories that people fit into and with the correct supplements or medication (if needed) the particular "switch" is turned off which results in the cravings subsiding allowing for your weight program of choice to be more effective.

From personal experience I know that while going through the difficult time and his ADHD his psychiatrist had me take Prozac for a short time. It totally took my cravings away even though it was for a short time. Mind you I lost weight however not knowing that I have an addiction to carbs., I kept eating a total Vegan diet which as we all know it is all carbs. But for the first time and since I had no cravings at all-not even to the cinnamon rolls that my husband was eating......
Sponsored Links