Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-06, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 508.7/413.3/199 Female 5'10" (top weight 508???)
BF:223chol; 120/80bp
Progress: 31%
Default Oops, my mistake...it was Skelington (not Levi)...

Levi's question is one I do not like to hear asked of me, but it is a question that I've been asking myself lately. I'm losing a lot of mobility and that makes the obesity even more difficult to deal with. Until recently I was able to carry it off, sort of, with some sort of bravado. Now I'm fighting to get strength back in my legs so I can walk and do the daily things that I need to do.

Levi has apologized for his manner of presenting this question. I am not grumpy at Levi and anyone who reads the earlier posts can see that several of us accept Levi's question as an honest one. After all, it's a question that I am now asking of myself at nearly 63 and facing some joint problems that are certainly part of toting all this weight wherever I go - which is not far.

Levi, if you are still reading this thread, thanks for the question!

Edit: My mistake, about Levi and all. By the time I came aboard, this thread was being discussed with Skelington, a 15yr-old trying to bulk up; his questions made sense for a guy his age and size. That's who I remember from back when I was first trying to find my way around this forum in June 2006: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...2&postcount=378 This thread was in Triple Digits back then, I think, and I was interested to read the replies from a lot of people who ask themselves the same question Levi posted and Skelington was probing to discover some answers to his own weight issues. Anyway I disremembered who the teenager was; Skelington, not Levi.

Was Levi just a troll? I don't know. I never could figure out how anyone knows who is a troll and who is simple earnestly asking a difficult question.

But I am a guest at this forum and glad to have found my way here. Grateful.

Last edited by Zer : Fri, Oct-20-06 at 20:06.