Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/240/210
BF:
Progress: 14%
Angry ate carbs unknowingly

First, I want to thank everyone here for the depth of info on low carb living. This is my second time around. I did this a year ago and 4 weeks into it I came down with appendicitis (sp?) so I was in the hospital and basically said screw it...bring on the carbs. Anyway, I then went on a couple of SSRI meds for OCD. one of them caused wieght gain and now I am working to get off the wieght since I have discontinued the one med that caused the gain.

Anyway...I wont drag this out too long. I have been on induction just over a week.
Basically my eating goes like this...
Morning...3 egg omlett with cheese and a couple slices of roast beef or a dozen pepperoni slices
Lunch...2 cans of tuna with mayo, mix in lettuce, cukes, and green peppers and a 1/2 inch slice of sharp cheddar
Dinner...various meat/chicken with a bit more lettuce cukes and green peppers
then in the evening, I might suck down some s/f rasberry jello with canned whipped cream.
And drinking water all all all all all all all day long!!

Any comments on the menu??? I have basically stayed in some level of ketosis all the time...I check in the morning and before I go to bed (its an OCD thing). My levels are usually plus or minus moderate.

Anyway...last night...got home late...had to get ready for church...mom is watching the kids...wife is in Arizona...and my mother says..."I made spaghetti...sit and eat" I told her that I am staying away from starchy stuff, trying to explain the whole "low carb" thing can be difficult with some people.
Anyway...she did make meatballs and sausage...I figured what the heck...its meat...I shook off all the sauce that I could and chowed like 7 meatballs.
When I checked my ketones before going to bed, the pad almost didnt turn color...very faint.
Well, this morning I noticed that I was passing gas, which I almost never do on low carb and I had to go to take a dump which turned out to be boarderline gross. Sorry to gross anyone out. I thought to myself...I bet those damn meatballs had breadcrumbs in them.
I called my mother and sure enough she used bread crumbs...I looked on a container of bread crumbs and they show about 20 carbs for 1/3 a cup.
My ketones were more noticable this morning...but should I stay on induction for another week?? I dont mind. Would this be considered a setback?

Thanks for reading
saaben
Sponsored Links