Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-06, 11:15
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach, Modified LC
Stats: 285/264/180 Male 71 inches
BF:34%/28%/10%
Progress: 20%
Question Massage and Fat Loss

I've been wondering about this these few days... I'm not sure if this makes sense, but I have a feeling that if I massage the fats in my "problem" areas, will it help in weight loss? No, I'm not talking about massaging the muscles, but the fat cells directly.

My "theory" is this.. we know that the way fat is lost that we through diet and exercise gereate the liplosis, that is the conversion of stored fat back to usable energy. This is done through the blood streams surrounding the fat cells. Now if I help increase the blood circulation to the fat cells, won't that help the liplosis process along? Perhaps even to speed it up a bit? Of course this has to be done in conjunction with liplosis acivators such as low-carb diet, thermogenic supplements, and low-intensity aerobic exercises. I "think" massage will help the process along and may help in reducing problem areas like the abdominal region for me.

Does this make sense to anyone? Has anyone tried something similar? If so, what's the effect? I know that way back in the 70's there were a weight-loss machine fad which basically tie your bootie to a belt on machine which vibrates the fatty areas.. I wonder there's some glimmer of truth to it? I mean I don't believe those machine would help you loose fat just by themselves, but perhaps with all the right things like diet and exercise massaging the fatty tissues may help.

I'm going to give it a shot and see if it would help somewhat... I shower twice a day anyway and after my night shower I've always put on lotion all over my body as per doctor's instruction; that would be a good time for me to massage areas such as the belly and the love handles. Heck, maybe it does absolutely nothing, but I think mentally anything helps.

Any thoughts on this idea? Am I nuts?
Sponsored Links