Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 11:09

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%
Default CKD advice

I have been reading through all the CKD posts and learining alot!

I havent yet bought the book, but am curious if anyone can give me some advice. I am currently on Atkins (have been for 4 months) and have lost 10 lbs. I am not overweight by any means but would like to tone up and be alot more fit.

I currently do cardio for at least one hour per day 5 days per week, with no weight training.

I would like to increase the benefits of exercising and tone up, also break out of this stall and eliminate about 5-10 lbs of body fat and turn it to muscle.

One thing I saw on here was that CKD is mainly for body builders. I guess I am wondering how it has been for others who have changed over from other plans, what happens when you stop lifting for awhile, or how the plan works for the long term? (sorry, maybe having the book would answer some questions, I just am probing now, to give insights before buying it).

I am fit now, and fairly toned, but want to be more ripped and strong.

I am 5'10 and weigh 150 (female) and have been eating between 1800-2000 cal per day, with stats of 70-75 fat, 25-30 protein and 5 carbs.

any feedback/suggestions would be great. I am also currently working on my masters research. Is there a big time commitment to being in the gym and workig out? I dont mind this within reason, but need to focus alot on school right now.

thanks!
d
Sponsored Links