Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 16:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%
Default Chocolate Lovers Puding

Well, I am still playin with this, but I think I have it pretty close to be able to post it.

I have been making chocolate pudding for desert. Yes it is low carb, and yes it is wicked good!

Start with enough coconut milk. By enough I mean 1/2 cup per person. The stuff I use lists one serving as 1/3 cup and less than 2 g of carbs per serving. 1/3 cup is never enough! So doubled it, almost. I just count it as 3 grams of carb..and be sure to use thick/heavy coconut milk. You may not like the pudding if you use the stuff that is thined.

The cocoa is 3 carbs per serving, a serving is listed at 1 tablespoon. There is also 1 gram of fiber, so I count the carbs at 3+ for the cocoa. I use closer to 1 1/2 tablespoons...you can use more cocoa, but then that also means more sweetner...and this is rich enough as it is!

Here is the recepie...

1/2 cup of coconut milk (per person/serving)
1 rather generous tablespoon unsweetened cocoa (I have been using Hersheys)
DaVinchi SFVanilla syrup to taste. I use about 2 teaspoons per serving (I think)

Start with chiled heavy coconut milk. Add in cocoa and stir till well blended. Add sweetner to taste and chill again till very cold.

That's it! And is it ever good!

Some tweaks I have played with.....
A shot of heavy cream and a teaspoon of chocolate protein powder...
or
A teaspoon of Strawberry protein powder...
or
DaVinci Hazelnut SF syrup for the sweetner.

Using the protein powder without the cream makes a thicker pudding. I am sure different flavored SF syrups will yeild exciting results...can you say Raspberry?

So there it is. And yes 1/2 cup of coconut milk is a enough for one serving. So play with it, see what you can come up with and let me know how ya like it!

Oh, and no eating this stuff with every meal...

Last edited by ProfGumby : Tue, May-09-06 at 21:22.
Sponsored Links