Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 08:55
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%
Unhappy 8 Pound Gain in 1 Week!

I got on the scale and had an 8 pound gain. What a bummer when I expected to be down at least another pound. Am I discouraged? A little. Am I defeated? Never!

What happened?
1. TOM came and went--I usually gain 3-5 pounds then whoosh it's gone with an extra pound. Not this time.

2. Birthday week. Went out to dinner 5 times, used CAD strategy.

3. Have been religiously doing bodyflex for 3 weeks and using arm weights for 1, this in addition to walking for an hour 5-6 times a week--I know, muscle takes up less room and weighs more.

4. SAD kicked in, SAD causes me to make and hoard fat and retain water--Last year my body jumped 5 pounds in 1 week due to SAD and then held until January. February and March it shot up (I was out of control!) Gained 20 pounds during the winter! It's going to be different this winter!!

5. Been eating more calories and veggies--Maybe my body needs time to adjust---Maybe my SAD body can't handle more carbs.

6. Lost 17 pounds in 2 months once I got off the Atkins bars and shakes (Thank you forum!!!)--Maybe my body is taking a rest, for me that was a huge weight loss in a short period of time.

What to do, what to do? I will continue on course with the exercise, though the walking will probably decrease due to weather. My back doesn't hurt anymore and it's great to be able to bend down and pick something off of the floor again! I definitely see a change in body definition and I have a waist again! I'm also fitting into clothes I've never worn because they were too tight a week after I bought them. Couldn't fit them for 4 years. Yay!!

I will go on fat flush for 2 weeks and then back on Atkins induction. I've been on Induction for so long maybe my body is becoming resistant. Also, I think a detox will be good for my liver and help me lose water weight. Once induction is over, I will try to increase my carbs a little, at least with more veggies! I will try to fight off SAD cravings and put off going on CAD as long as possible so that I will have more control this year for February and March.

For those interested I drink close to or over a gallon of water a day and take a load of supplements. My health problems are SAD, carbo addiction, slow metabolism, low blood pressure, and arthritis in both knees. Oh yes, I'm obese too.

Finding this forum has helped me immensely. Thank you all!
Sponsored Links