Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 19:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Gentlemen

I had to laugh today. I went to Walmart and bought this little set of two dumbbell bars and the set included 40 pounds of weights.

This nice older gentleman behind the counter said to me "don't you lift that, let me get it" and proceeded to come around the counter to put my weight set into the basket for me.

He was being courteous. He was being a gentleman, kind to a lady, I couldn't fault him for it at all. In fact I really think it is nice to encourage that sort of behaviour, but considering I can bench press 60 pounds, pull down 120, and stiff legged dead lift at least 40, I didn't exactly think I needed the help.

Still it was a sweet gesture.

It did make me laugh though. I mean I'm buying the weight set for the express PURPOSE of lifting them. Duh. How funny. (I hope the poor old guy didn't hurt his back putting it in my cart!)
Sponsored Links