Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Question Concerned about FITDAY ACCURACY!

I have some concerns about Fitday accuracy. I think they round all their numbers to the next highest because their totals don't match what the numbers actuallyl total.

For example, here's today's so far (I"m shortening descriptions for purpose of email--details at end of this post as I cut and pasted them):
Cals Fat Carb Protein
Coffee 2 0 0 0
Cream 308 33 2 2
Cream 410 44 3 2
SF gelatin 7 0 0 1
Cheese 326 27 1 21
FITDAY TOTALS 1054 104 8 26

ACTUAL TOTALS 1053 104 6 26

This is only one example. I've noticed minor discrepancies in the past, but since I'm on induction and every carb counts, the difference between 6 and 8 is 25%!! This is personally a help to me if I stick with the total...kind of like setting my alarm clock 1/2 hour is a help in the morning, tho I kknow the truth. However, I would like to work with numbers that are true. In this case, if they are rounding up, then the actual totals at face value would also be inaccurate, since it would be pretty much tantamount to rounding down at this point. There is obviously some rounding up with the CAL numbers as well, and here on LC, it's the CAL and CARB numbers that mean most to me.

Has anyone else run across this problem? How does this impact LC'ing for those who use FitDay?

AJ

------- Here are the items in full description (not formatted):
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Coffee, dry instant powder, regular teaspoon, dryQuantity not specified 2 0 0 0

Cream, heavy, fluid cupfl ozGuideline amount per fl oz of beverageQuantity not specified 308 33 2 2

Cream, heavy, whipped, unsweetened cupQuantity not specified 410 44 3 2

Desserts, gelatins, KRAFT, JELL-O Brand Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin Snacks Strawberry, with aspartame and acesulfame potassium sweetener, ready-to-eat NLEA serving 7 0 0 1

Cheese, Colby Jack cup, NFScup, dicedcup, shreddedcubic inchslice (1 oz)Quantity not specified 326 27 1 21

Totals 1054 104 8 26
Sponsored Links