Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 06:47

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 165/165/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Advice, please

Good Morning :
I am just starting my 4th day of CAD today. Everything is going pretty well, except I still get hungry. Getting through the day at work isn't bad because I'm busy and the goodies aren't readily available. My "hungry time" is immediately after work...before supper. I've been able to use my willpower by simply telling myself that soon I'll have my RM and can eat whatever I want. Also, I find that drinking water helps alleviate the hunger a little. As of this morning I've lost: 3lb., 0lb, and 0.5lb. I guess if I have to rely on my will power to stick to the diet I will...because I love the fact that I only have to suffer for a little while before I'm rewarded. However, I thought the whole point of the diet was to eliminate or greatly reduce hunger. Is it because I've only been on the diet a short time or am I doing something wrong? I noticed that some of you said you weren't hungry right away, which makes me think I might be doing something wrong. Here's my menu for a typical day: breakfast is an omlette made with 1/2 c. egg substitute, onions, green peppers, canadian or turkey bacon, and a tiny bit of fat free chedder cheese. Lunch is almost always a big salad with lots of veggies and grilled chicken with bleu cheese dressing. Supper is pretty much whatever I want, but always with a large salad and usually other veggies too. I'll usually have a glass of wine or two and consider that my carbs. My portions are not out-of-line and I consume the meal within the hour time frame. Also, I drink a lot of water throughout the day...more than the recommended amount.

Input, please? Thanks!
Sponsored Links