Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 08:52
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/125/101 Female 152cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default So demoralised i feel like giving up..

i've been on atkins "strictly" since 18 aug n haf been on induction 3 weeks or so with 2 pounds weight loss which i gained but at the end of that three weeks. Deciding that i was metabolically resistant, i tried the fat fast some days ago and i've been on the fat fast five days oredi and still no weight loss.. not the TOM, no inch loss, clothes feel juz as tight, in fact i feel quite big ard my tummy!

so demoralised and discouraged. i've juz started working the beginning of sept and during training and orientation, they provided snacks, tarts, brownies, cakes, muffins, u name it.. everything i loved but i never touched them. i was thinking how unfair life was as i tried so hard to control myself while i saw my slim and petite colleagues gouging themselves with all those sinful food and still have such good figures.

but i thought to myself all this is worth it if i slim down. but i haven seen any results yet and this is so discouraging. i dun experience the appetite suppressing feeling pp say they do while on atkins. i get hungry soon after a meal and keep thinking abt wat i can eat in a few hours time. its so tough to stick to the lifestyle when there're temptations all ard me (asian/chinese food) and the worst of all, no results!!

i feel so demoralised that im thinking of going off the plan n go follow a doctor's diet plan i previously followed and lost weight on (i went from 60 kg to 48 kg and hovered ard 48-50 after going off the plan. then slowly, i ended up at 52kg) or the slimming center's (with which i signed up a slimming course before i began atkins) diet program which has 1 calcium slimming drink every day with planned menus for the rest of the day.

i did alot of reading on atkins and even tried very hard to get the book (not the newest version though) and with so much difficulty keeping on the WOE and yet no results, i really duno whether to carry on or not. esp since i've been on fat fast 5 days and still no results!! Help....

i drink at least 80 oz water a day, take L-carnitine, chromium, cal-mag tablets and flax seed oil. the only thing i've not been doing is exercise. even so, i walk ard alot due to the nature of my work (auditing) and i feel that at a calorie intake of 1000 a day, im below my BMR of 1332 and exercise shld not cause me to have such "stall"... i really duno if i shld continue atkins or switch to 1 or the 2 choices i mentioned above.... i have a d&d on 19 oct and i really want to lose 4-5 kg by then.... pls advise... here's my link to fitday..

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...ml?Owner=BabyJJ
Sponsored Links