Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/275/190
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question 4th week of LC - No weight loss??!!

Hello to all - Great forum! I'm new to LC and am in the middle of my 4th week of strict induction (<20g/day) with ketostix consistently indicating ketosis for the past 2+ weeks. I hope this is a case of me being impatient...if so, forgive me - If not, maybe someone can offer some advise! I am getting concerned because all of the reading/listening I have done suggests that others see/feel results by now. I have not moved the scale or waist size at all and don't what to do to get in gear!!

I am drinking between 6-8+ QUARTS of water a day - Other than an occasional decaf coffee w/cream, I've had no other liquids. I am eating green salads and other induction-permissable vegs plain or with LC dressing. I am eating 4oz or less of hard cheese (cheddar, swiss, feta, etc). My primary food includes unlimited lean beef steak/roasts, pork chops/roasts, chicken & turkey breasts, lamb and the occasional no-carb burger, sausage or bacon with no sauces, etc! I've had an Atkins LC choc-bar (just to try it - ugh), beef jerky and a handful of raw pecans once each.

I am a middle aged dad with a hard core carb crave/addiction that needs to lose about 75 lbs - I started LC when all other plans failed to deliver results. As predicted, the first week/10 days really sucked with chronic headache, loss of sleep, cravings and feeling lousy!! During this same time, I have been actively exercising 1.5 hrs every other day with 45 min of weights & 45 min of walking/treadmill! I feel much better today as the withdrawl symptoms seems to have passed - I didn't measure myself but no real change in clothes fit, etc at this point!

Should I be seeing results by now - Has anyone else had a SLOW start only to see results later?? What's up with me - Am I the odd one in the population that doesn't respond to this LC approach? Any/all advice or suggestions are welcome - I want this to work and am commited to success but need some kind of sign besides little pink K-stix filling up my wastebasket! Thx, enb
Sponsored Links