Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 23:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, low cal
Stats: 122/107/98 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Having trouble getting back

In the past six months I have gained back 10 of my 20 pound loss (from the first time I did atkins) I have tried to get back on induction for the past month and always end up cheating and ruining it for a few days and then going back on it and then cheating again...bad bad cycle.

I hear all these stories about how you dont lose the weight the second time around and I wonder if I should just give up. It just seems I will never get back to my goal weight and the weight I felt best at again. I dont know why I keep cheating. Every day I say , ok I can do this I am going to be perfect today. then I end up cheating a little and I have the big "well I might as well blow the rest of the day and start again tomorrow" mindset. Well "tomorrow" is still out there somewhere and it just seems like I keep failing. The last time I did this I never cheating and now getting back on the wagon I feel like I wont even lose the weight again so why bother.

I gained the 10 pounds in a combination of things. One was falling in love made me a little lax. All those dates and cuddling by the tv with snacks was tons of fun but oh man bad for my body (my boyfriend gained some weight too and we joke about it but now he is going to start atkins as well) the other thing that did me in was I quit smoking 8 months ago and I think that I ate more from that too.

Any advice would be much help. Sorry to vent like this ut it helps to just get it all out. Does anyone know any tips on how to get started again and if I wont lose the weight since it is the second time around? I also know it is hard because I am only 10 pounds from goal weight. Goal weight for me sounds low (98 pounds) but I am very short and very small framed so even a little extra weight shows big time. 98 pounds is the weight I felt the besty and looked the best and had the best health. Ughhhh I feel so helpless!

Thanks for listening and any advice on this I would love
Sponsored Links