Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 16:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/168/140 Female 5 ft 6 inch
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Feeling thin vs being thin!

Hello to you all!
Sitting here late, unable to sleep due to low carb night restlessness I 've gone all philosophical. Its probally a lot of utter nonsense but if any place is the place to share these self indulgent ramblings its hopefully here!
This forum has already become a daily necessity for me. Thank you very much for it!I can feel very lonely in this low carb pursuit and its amazing to know that so many others are going through the same things and has made me twice as determined.
I did atkins for 4 months last year and lost30 pounds really easily--my problem is alcohol. I love it! I dont think I've ever had a problem with it but I really enjoy it socially!
However I hate my body more than I love alcohol...so to a large extent it has to go!!
I'm in my 12th day of a clean induction. I have felt extremely anxious that this isnt going to work a second time--I know that I have over low fat dieted to the extent that my body just laughs at my pathetic attempts to eat less calories--I even did that cabbage soup diet in desperation once and lost no weight at all even with a strenous work out every day. Low carb is all that seems to work.
Any way back to my original thought. Today for the first time I have 'felt ' thin and that I am loosing weight: ) I cant believe that even with the miracle of low carb I have lost more than 2 pounds at the most since yesterday--but I feel 2 stone lighter-and look that way to myself too!!!??? With that comes the confidence in myself as a sexy woman and the determination to keep the diet up. Problem is I can't weigh myself to confirm it. I find that if I weigh myself and the results dont match my
prior confidence that I feel worse than if I just pigged out on chips(at least then I have the pampering feeling of having treated myself!!-though its not really treating myself in the long run is it?) I find it really hard to weigh myself more than once every few weeks--I go by the theory that the longer I leave it the more chance I have of actually having lost weight-so I put it off and off!! I try not to do it until I already know for a fact I've lost weight and even then antcipation that I am going to get on a scale can keep me up at night. It may come as no surprise that I was in past life, mildly bulemic! So the line between healthy dieting and obession is a very thin line-hence my fear of the scales and the power they have over my happiness!

The point I'm very badly making is that for me this feeling I have today is the best it ever gets for me. I 've got down to target weight 3 times in my life and still had many days when I feel like a fat, sluggish, pig and found it hard to believe anyone finds me attractive. Being thin didnt take that away! However I still strive constantly for this goal --and whilst I'm doing it I will try to re educate my mind to think more positvely about myself whatever my weight.

Anyone experience any thoughts like this-or should I just go get my coat now : )
Apreciation for anyone who has bothered to wade through this essay - and good luck to us all!! xxx
Sponsored Links