Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 11:39

Plan: Starting this over
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'
BF:
Progress:
Default Delurking & an introduction (long---sorry)

I belong to another Lc board also but reallu like this too, and so I just copied my introduction sense it applies here also. I think I luked for so long because of the "required listing of weight" on the register form......I'm odd about that, I feel it's "my" business , heck hubby doesn't even know my weight! LOL
Aaaanyway.......................

Hi! I've been lurking for a while now and thought perhaps it was time show myself . I was born and raised in Daytona Beach and now, for the last 20 years or so, call Louisville Ky home. I have always had a weight a problem, but always managed to keep it down "just" enough (in need of loosing about 25 pounds, but I carried it really well) to get by being the lead singer of a fairly successful alternative rock band. I always figured that as long as I was lucky enough to have my mothers genes and not look my age, I'd continue the music I love so much. Well, I didn't count on the "other" side if getting older, I just couldn't keep up like I used to with work AND the band. I get tired quicker for one and don't really enjoy it as I used to and now want to spend more time with my grandchildren. Well, I remarried (4th and LAST time), and gave up the band. I have now in the last 3 years of re-married life, gained 40 pounds, add that to what I had and I AM FAT! There's no more practice, setting up equipment, tearing down equipment, playing out.....I'm not moving like I used to! I tried the Atkins diet, and I DID lose on it, but it seemed as if I gained it back as soon as I went off of it. I want to give it another try. I have three sons and 4 grandchildren. My interest include, but not limited to, ancient Egypt, Metaphysics, computers, and ANIMALS! I work at an animal resort and love ALL animals! I am 47 years old, born October 20th 1954 (makes me a Libra on the cusp of Scorpio, Capricorn rising, Scorpio in Mars, Mercury & Venus) I am actually wanting to lose this weight and start a new, more laid back band! I share my home with 4 dogs, 3 cats, 4 ferrets, 13 domestic pet rats, 3 pet tarantulas, a 5' iguana, and a bird. Oh yeah, and 1 husband
Sponsored Links