Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 15:03
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 235/225/120 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Not Sure
Progress: 9%
Default I hate being FAT!

Is it just me. Are there others out there? Being fat is depression. I look in the mirror and just want to cry most days. On a good day I when I look, I suck in my stomach, look at myself from the side and think It's not so bad, it will evenually go away, but not until I do somthing about it (I'm on the right path now).

I am extremely self conscious. I stress about what I'm going to wear each day. I worry about walking to the mailbox and hoping no one looks out there window or drives by and sees me. I won't even walk along side my son while he rides his bike in fear someone would be watching. I'm constantly fussing my clothing and trying to carry my weight gracefully. When ever my husband has his friends over or any company over that that matter, I feel so large and clumsy. I know I imagine myself to be 10 times larger that I really am. And in front of people, I try to hide the fact that I'm out of breath after just climbing a set of stairs behind them.

I've been low-carbing for almost 2 days. I feel better on the inside. I just have to be patent and soon I will results on the outside.

Thanks for being supportive.

Rae
Sponsored Links