Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 10:28

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default SommerSweet Problem?

I found this at: http://www.westonaprice.org/caustic...spring2002.html

"According to a tabloid paper, actress Suzanne Somers, who defended her decision to refuse chemotherapy for breast cancer on the Larry King show, has gained 25 pounds (Globe, 1/22/02). Somers is the author of several diet books including Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away and Somersize Desserts. Her weight loss program calls for eating protein, carbohydrates and fats separately and the use of a “no-cal” sweetener called SomerSweet made of fiber, fructose and soy extract. Hollywood wags blame her weight gain on overeating, but we think there might be another reason—soy extract, which depresses thyroid function leading to weight gain. The fiber and fructose in the sweetener probably don’t help either. Fructose can cause liver problems and fiber can block the absorption of important minerals. "
Sponsored Links