Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 22:16

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%
Default Lack of hunger; don't feel like eating

I know that this might not be an appropriate question to ask but since I am still relatively new (started LC on June 25th) I wonder if anyone else has experienced a loss of appetite and a lack of any hunger pangs. I just am not interested in eating. I don't feel hungry. For the first time in my adult life I don't care about food.

I know that this is not good; the first day that I did not eat much resulted in a weight gain of two pounds. I wonder if this is a problem that others have encountered. Should I just go ahead and eat as if it is medicine, or do you think that my appetite will return?

I have been drinking plenty of water and keep my water bottle with me. Today I ate adequately--LC and three very small meals-- but always in the spirit of a lack of interest and with no hunger pangs.

Natalie

PS: This is totally new to me; it does not feel like me -- this body that does not want to eat.
Sponsored Links