Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 03:51
Registered Member

Plan: Personalized Plan
Stats: 146/125.7/128
BF:24.5/19.6/15%
Progress: 113%
Thumbs up My progress so far!

Hey all

I started last Monday with the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet, so cutting big time and maintaining muscle mass.

My CKD plan for the next 3 weeks (end of 12 week challenge).
I'll be doing weight workouts on Monday and Tuesday, and cardio in the morning during Mo-Fri, 1 HIT that is and 4 moderate cardio sessions.
I may decrease the cardio if I'm too tired, I'll just listen to my body.
Friday will be the standard depletion workout and prior to that 2 pieces of fruit. I'll start out doing the 48-hour carb-up but if I find myself loosing the same lbs every week, I'll go down to 36 hours and if neccesary to 24 hours.
I'm eating 1400 calories every day, with a ratio of 70% fat and 30% protein and practically no carbs. Again, I may change this if I'm too tired. I'm very excited about this, after reading Lyle's CKD diaries, I feel like I know enough and feel sure enough about this to be strict for 3 weeks. I'm just keeping my piccies in mind and that's all it takes!!

I'm not hungry at all, I find myself forcing the food in, but I have to get those calories and protein in, since I'm on the low end of my range already.
It's weird eating low carb again, I had to dig deep and read up on theory all weekend.

I'm feeling a bit tired during workouts, but since Monday I'm down 7.5 lbs as of this morning (Thursday)!! Sheezzz, imagine how much water I was holding on to, I had to pee like every 30 minutes all week, at least it felt like that!

I'm thinking about skipping cardio tomorrow (Friday morning) but I'll see how I feel in the morning.
Right now I feel awful, my body has a hard time getting used to low carbs.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I started feeling a bit nauseous, like the first feeling you get when you have to throw up? It's not quite nauseous but the start of feeling nauseous, if you get what I mean. When I think of food it's getting worse! My brain also has a hard time switching to ketones for fuel, I'm not the most clear minded person today.
I never experienced this before, always had headaches the first week on Atkins, but none of that this week.

But I don't mind feeling like crap for another week, the carb up and weight loss sure make up for it over a 100%!

Yep, carb up is in sight!!
I spent about an hour list night going through my nutritional book to see what low fat/high carb foods I can eat this weekend, I can't wait!!
So I'm happy for now, I feel like my tiny self again and dedicated to work and diet hard these last 3 weeks!

I'll be back with an update!

Happy CkD-ing.
Sponsored Links