Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 02:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%
Talking Rate this snack food

I'm on day 12 of Induction and I have to admit that I "cheated" today and had a low carb snack food. I don't fell too bad because my cravings were so bad that it was either this or real sugar.

Anyway, I am wondering if this snack would be okay to eat on OWL. Here's the info:

Lean Protein Bites Peanut BUtter Covered Crunch

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Soy and Whey Protein Isolate), Peanut Butter Coating (Maltitol Powder, Palm Kernel, Partially defatted Peanut Flower, Nonfat Dry Milk Powder, Whey Powder, Peanuts, Hydrogenated Rapeseed, Cottonseed, Soybean Oil, Salt, Soya Lecithin) Kosher Gelatin.

Serving size: 1oz bag
Cal: 120
Fat: 5g
Sat: 4g
Chol: 1mg
Sodium: 200mg
Total Carb: 5g
Effect. Carb: 1g
Fiber: 0g
Sugar: 1g
Protein: 14g

The chocolate flavor has only 2.5 total carbs and 1 effective carb. They come in white chocolate also, but those have quite a few more carbs for some reason. Lean Protein Bites are basically like chocolate or peanut butter covered rice krispies. There are about 75-100 or so pieces in each bag, so if I eat them slow, it occupies me for a while. They aren't terribly sweet, but somehow they satisfy me and don't leave me wanting more.

From the looks of the ingredient list, I am sure they aren't the healthiest snack I could eat. But, how would they affect my weight loss on OWL? If I could look forward to a bag of these every evening while I watch tv with my sweetie, I might make it on this WOE. They have got to be better than all the SF/low carb chocolate bars out there that have 15-20 total carbs. Right?

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links