Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/206/185
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Results after 6 months

I have been doing Atkins now for 6 months. I started after being diagnosed with Diabetes in December 2001. I have lost 50lbs to date 40 of which I lost in the first 2 months. The last 10lbs have been the hardest.

My blood sugars average between 95mg/dl and 110mg/dl. My Cholesterol has improved but still is considered on the borderline. My Doctor has been willing to work with me with this WOE but she was not a big fan of LC. My doctor was astounded that I was able to get my A1C from a 12 to a 6.1 in less than 6 months but she is still concerned about my cholesterol and wants me to seriously consider taking cholesterol medicine if my ldl is not below 100 by my next visit in 4 months.

So far I have been very pleased with this WOE. I have found it is the easiest way to control my blood sugar and lose weight at the same time. I am never hungry and have never felt better in my life.

Here are my blood work results since December to show everyone how far I have come.

December 2001
Glucose - 303
A1C - 12
Cholesterol - 268
Triglycerides - 238
HDL - 46
LDL - 174

March 2002
Glucose - 89
A1C - 6.9
Cholesterol - 207
Triglycerides - 85
HDL - 55
LDL - 135

June 2002
Glucose - 121
A1C - 6.1
Cholesterol - 218
Triglycerides - 139
HDL - 47
LDL - 143

The receptionist at the doctors office stressed me out the morning of my test with a billing error saying I owed over $450 when I owed only $45. I think that is why my glucose reading was a little high.

I just wanted everyone to know that this WOE really does work. I will never change back to any other way.

Bill
Sponsored Links