Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 23:04

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Provera, bloating and carb cravings

Hello all,

I have been low-carbing fairly successfully since 5-21-02, mostly due to this site. I have PCOS, but I'm not taking any meds regularly, other than Provera every other month to induce a menstrual cycle (albeit a false one). My stats to the left are based on what has happened since 5-21 when I started using this site for support, but I have actually lost from an all-time high of 272, some with lowcarb and some with other methods. Once I knew the PCOS was a sure thing, I kept hearing about low carb, low glycemic index, etc., and became more committed to this plan.

I have been really successful the past three weeks, and quite happy with my progress most of the time. The longer I've been at it, the fewer cravings I've had - until yesterday. I started my ten days of Provera, and I just want starch, starch, starch. I'm bloated, I'm tired, I'm grumpy, and part of me (though I'm trying not to listen to that part right now) is convinced that some mashed potatoes and bread with butter would take care of all of it. Blah. Ekk. Ugh.

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, other than to vent in a place where others might understand what this is like. I'm feeling kinda desperate, thinking of the fact that I have to take this medication for 8 more days. I really want to make it through without going off the food plan or gaining weight. I guess that ultimately, if I gain a pound or two on the provera but lose it right after, I'll know it was possibly water, but it's just so discouraging.

I am hoping someone here on this board can offer ideas for ways to get through this. I really appreciate all the support and caring I've gotten all over this site - the people are wonderful!

Thanks for listening,
-Catinhat
Sponsored Links