Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 04:32

Plan: bfl
Stats: 180/185/150
BF:
Progress: -17%
Thumbs down Sigh

This is not working for me. I have gained up to 196 lbs. (that would be a 15 pound gain in about a month or less) I tried out a scale at Bed Bath and Beyond and almost started to cry in the store. I have lost no weight, no inches, nothing. I am going to go back to my 1,000 - 1,200 calorie a day diet. I am going to go low fat, low carb, high protien as much as possible. no more cream cheese, cheeses, butter, mayo, oils, salad dressings, ect.

I am convinced that this diet was a silver bullet for me the first time I tried it, it worked great. However, if you do not stay on it constantly you gain it all back and then some, and if you start back on it afterward, you will have very little luck losing the weight you want. I might be the exception to the rule in that case, but when it comes to my body and my weight loss, I AM the rule. I am tired of not seeing results, and of being told to hang in there and drink more water and eat more calories when all I seem to be doing is gaining more weight all the time. You are all great ppl, and I hope the high fat/high protien/low carb thing works for you, but I am not going to follow it anymore. I am cutting the fat so to speak, and I think along with the exercise and weight training I am already doing, I will manage to get some pounds off.

Thanks for reading
Sponsored Links