Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 13:17

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Smaller portions?

I just realized today that my preferred portions are starting to diminish. Before I started low-carbing and I would buy frozen entrees for dinner, I would always feel they were too small and eat two. And also, have you noticed that in the last few years they have been making more and more larger-sized frozen meals?

I just had my lunch and it dawned on me that the amount of food I was eating was about the amount in a typical frozen entree. And I was perfectly satisfied.

Of course, my food was more "calorie" dense since it had more fat in it than a frozen entree would and it also had a lot more protein since it had no simple carbs (i.e. pasta, rice or potatoes). But when I started low-carbing, I was eating larger meals than I am now too. But I would be stuffed.

It's wonderful to realize that I no longer to seem to need to get stuffed to feel satisfied. I am finally getting in touch with my body and realizing when I am full.

So I was just wondering, is this happening to a lot more people out there than me?

;-Deb
Sponsored Links