Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-01, 08:29
Registered Member

Plan: Own Combinations, just trying not to exceed 20g/day..Struggling tho
Stats: 174/160/125
BF:
Progress:
Talking Great to hear from ya gals...dinner eh heh heh??

Debbie..Rach..Fern...you gals crafted a huge smile on me face! Ummmm.. wanna know how i freaked the dinner I attended??..lol
It was a chinese course dinner!!...where they serve one kind of dish at a time where everyone dig in with the chopsticks at the same time...( can yall imagine the situation I was at?) all in was 15 courses (thank gawd wasnt the 20 courses) Starts with the `Cold dish' (this was easy coz i only dig on the sea weed)...then came the battered butter prawns (okay...i took off the batter and shell,,and chew slowly on the smallest size prawn i could find..just one k?) and started a topic where every1 can participate..obviously majority were more focus on who would get the most prawns..Gee..do i haf to tell ya more...it does get harder and harder ha ha..Theres no way ya can sit without eatin sumtim...its so noticable! I will just tell yall the hardest course...was the Chinese Fried Rice, the lotus dumplings..the sweet desserts and.... the wedding cake. The guests sitting at the same table (10 pxs per table) kept askin me why I wasnt eatin.
So as not to be untruthful,,,I TOLD THEM THE TRUTH that I am on a low carb diet.. and explained a little..its just not the rite time to talk about this diet thing..makes me feels bad. I am so glad I managed to excuse meself from sitting at the main table tho -(where the bride/groom/them parents sitting which i was also supposed to be sitted coz bride's mom a very good friend of mine) What's my excuse fa not sitting there?..ya may wanna know..I managed to grab one of the Uncles tellin them he deserves to be sitted there more then I do..so I sat the table next to them. All in all I do haf good time...with my carb intake probably totaling more or less 50g... I couldn’t really analyse what I ate in oz and grams..I had a liitle too much wine….
yum seng !!(that’s cheers in Chinese) ..could focus at Doreen/ Wail vaguely and a little hangover this morn. The ones I dug in had sugar and starch added. ..that I can remember.

I been all over Asia actually,,been in Malaysia bit over 2 yrs..Born Cairo..brought up there few years then Switzerland, then mostly in Indonesia and Australia..now i am in Malaysia.
me hubby is Malaysian..so I aquire the citizenship quite easily when we moved here. I am a mutt ball mostly Portugese(spills of English)...Indonesian Chinese(with l spills of Dutch) and ended up lookin like I derived from a Papago RedIndian tribe.
Malaysia is a muliculture..multi racial country..majority Malays Chinese and Indians..and we the Potugese are minority. Bahasa Malaysia (Malay) is the official lingo..and English the third important langguage..most ppl understand and do speak English next to them mother tongue. I can speak Indonesian, Asian Portugese..and Bahasa Malaysia aside English and also sum basics of Chinese (Cantonese)..and Tamil. I once understood and speak Japanese and Tagalog well..now my strength in those 2 lingos just faded slowly coz i hardly can converse with anyone in those langguages.
Its sun all year round tropical kinda climate..very hot sum months and sum heavy rain now and then. This country has beautiful seaside and Islands at sum spot. I still love Australia tho .

Protein and fresh foods easily obtainable..coz its an agricultural country and like most Asian countries rice is the staple food. White flour be next..coz they never miss them local exoctic `kuehs' they are simply delicious. What I can say ppl here just love rich sweet foods. Them culture so fine that they may get offended if ya dont accept the food served to ya. So unlike the Japanese where ya can slurp and eat noisely to appreciate the food served ...you eat with grace and not make too much sound..lol

Well I better sign off now..this is sure a long thread..
and I got a feeling I post this wrongly as new thread...heh

Last edited by need2burn : Sat, Jun-09-01 at 09:45.
Sponsored Links