Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 17:22

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%
Unhappy Low energy still and not losing anymore

Hi,

I have been doing Atkins since the middle of march of this year. My weight loss started on Jan 1st with first eliminating sugar, caffeine, refined carbs and dairy. Later I eliminated wheat. I had been eating protein at every meal for a few years now as previous I had done 'potatoes not prozac.' My energy was good and up to the middle of March I had lost 4kg. My starting weight was 65kg and I am 162 cm high.

I started Atkins at 61kg. I did induction for just over 3 weeks and lost another 4kg. I would have gone longer on induction but my energy levels were at an all time low - I was mentally and physically exhausted.

I posted for the first time on 'general health' and got some great advice. I upped my vitamins and now included mag/cal and potassium. I also take zinc, lysine, acidophilus and a multi/vit and min and also extra C.

My energy has definitely improved but not to what it was before I started Atkins.

The last two weeks I have added dairy (cheese and cream) and nuts to increase my fats intake. I am not sure that this was a good move as my hunger has come back. I also find these food rather addictive and want more and more.

As well as not having radiant physcial and mental energy and a returning focus on eating more, my weight has stabilised and I have not lost anything for weeks now.

A friend who does Atkins checked my food and it showed up fine - I also have snacks between meals to prevent low blood sugar.

I exercise 6 time a week usually (this week I have only had the energy to do the weights 3x). This consists of 30 mins fast walking on the treadmill 3 days and on the alternate days weights just using a barbell and abs for about 30 mins. I have worked up very slowly to this so I am not overexercising. I would have gone higher long before this but this WOE has really slowed me down.

I had a huge range of blood tests in Nov of last year - everything fine. Last week the Doc repeated some of the tests (incl. thyroid) and did a very thorough physical. Everything was normal and healthy. My heart showed as being very fit for my age (45). My blood pressure is low but that has always been the case.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Maybe I am someone who does need more carbs. Even on induction I found I was better with more salad veges than recommended.

Trisha
Sponsored Links