Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 03:26

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 250/215/180
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Good Morning You All

Good Morning You All:
It is 4am and I am up again. This is my time when I can get on my computer with no husband or puppies up. Seems like when they are around I am always busy doing something. My husband has to go in for some tests today. I just pray that they turn out okay. He has been having alot of problems with his stomach. Everything has been negative so far but we are going in for the big test today. Will know, for sure, what is happening after it is over. Will let you know.
As I have said before I am a meat eater. When I am on Atkins I don't seem to get hungry because I just eat meat. That sounds terrible but it has worked for me, and, of course tons of water. I read in the book that you won't be hungry after awhile and it is true. I have problems when I try and eat alot of different foods that are low in carbs. It just doesn't seem to get me through. I am alot better off if I just eat the meat. I don't get hungry. When I think about making different recipes it seems that all I am doing is thinking about food. The way I eat now is just to exist and that has never been the case before. Maybe if you can eat more of one thing, with no carbs that will get you through the tough times. When you just eat meat there are no hidden carbs. I am getting to where I look at every package before I buy it to see how many carbs there are and it helps me not buy the bad stuff. Of course when you have a husband that eats all of that kind of food it is difficult to stay away from it all. My head is back into lossing and it doesn't bother me to have it in the house, as long as I don't have to get involved with serving it to him. I have him get his own goodies and that seems to work too.
Donna, again, good luck on Friday with Cody. I know that he will be just fine. We are all praying for him.
Carol, I guess the only way to find out if the Splenda will work is to just go for it. Let us know how it works and then I can make it for some of the residents at work that are on low sugar diets.
Chris, I was stalled last time I was on Atkins and I actually called their care line. They made several suggestions on how to break it. One was to give up caffeine, no regular coffee or diet sodas. Eventhough the caffeine is a simulant it may cause you to retain the weight. Good Luck
Cher, thanks for the tips on the snacks. But I am a fat person, in my head and always eat too much of whatever it is I am snacking on. So, for me the best thing to do is just try and drink the water and CLOSE my big mouth. I have even though about taping it shut while at work but that would be kind of hard to do and people would really laugh at me.

Take care all and will see you tomorrow.