Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-01, 17:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Offensive Language! Sorry!

i hate to sound like a fuddy-duddy, but i guess at heart i am. i was brought up a in a very strict Roman Catholic home. i think i'm more liberal than my mom, but i guess when it comes right down to it, i'm my mom! isn't that every woman's biggest fear! anyway, the point i'm bringing up is offensive language. now i realize that what is offensive really depends on the person. i decided after some careful thought to mention here that i was offended by a word i read in a post. the word was the "a" word referring to someones' bum. when i was growing up that was a washing your mouth out with soup word. especially with "stupid" preceding it. i still find it offensive in everyday language. i know i must sound really picky and fussy to everyone, but it really bothers me. it bothers me that people say he** and d*mn on tv all the time now. i've heard worse too later at night. it's different watching a video that's been rated "R". you know what to expect. tv was supposed to be family viewing.

i'm sorry for going on and on. my intentions are not to offend anyone here. i think too highly of you all! i'm just asking, in respect of me, to please not use these words.

thanks for listening!
love debbie.
Sponsored Links