Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:33

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 204/175/165
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking Calling on the Jocks

Any Exercise Junkies Out There?

I have been accumulating information here for the last week so I can cope with my newfound sweetness. As Type II diabetic, I am right now twice as sweet as I am supposed to be. Dr Bernstein's book is on order, but I have found such a welcome in this website that I can't stop asking questions.

What is the common experience with exercise with you low carbers, and specifically you sweet low carbers? I am trying to work in Mon-Fri 35 min a day on the treadmill, 3.5 to 5 MPH, at varying grade levels 4% to 7%. At 54 years young, 5'8 1/2", 185# I find that I am working up a sweat and right now 35 minutes is all I can take. Next week, maybe 40 minutes at a crack.

Exercise vs low carbing vs glucophage. Where am I going to get the best bang for my effort? I am losing weight which I attribute a little to the exercise. Would I be better off devoting that time to lifting three times a week on the Nautilus Circuit?

How much does the average low carber exercise? How much does the average diabetic exercise? I bet for the sweet people they don't do it enough. Am I doing enough?

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome I have received here. As I said in another thread, my wife is afraid I am going to kill myself eating protein and low carbing. After all, it's downright un-American not to eat apple pie, right? And the only people who say to eat beef are the American Beef Assn. Everybody else says that beef is the quickest road to Boot Hill there is. Do you guys go against ALL the conventional wisdom? You can tell me. Is the sun still in the center of the solar system?

In God We Trust.....Semper Fi
Sponsored Links