Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 21:10

Plan: combo of several
Stats: 276/258/145
BF:
Progress: 14%
Question Need help with switching plans

I have been doing Atkins since 2-4-02. In all this time I have only lost about 10 lbs. My husband and I got very bored with this and began to "cheat" one meal a day. All of a sudden I dropped 3 more pounds in 4 days. Here is a sample of my cheat : TGI Fridays I had chicken fajitas (chicken, green peppers, 2 tortillias, lettuce, tomato, sour cream , and guacamole and we shared a hot fudge brownie sundae. When I got up the next mornig I had lost a pound! When I went back to sticking to Atkins I didn't lose anything. (Why?)
Anyway, I have decided to give CAD a try since this is similar to the way I dropped the extra pounds . I do have several questions.
Are low carb products such as Flax-o-meal allowed? How about the low carb tortillias and pancake mix? I was still eating those types of things when we began our "cheating" and the weight came off. Also, what about snacking? I have heard that CALP allows snacking but CAD does not. I love to snack on macadamian nuts occasionaly and they are not on the "acceptable" list. Can I have a few between meals, or are nuts forbidden altogether?

If anyone could help me answer these questions I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!!!

Kerry
Sponsored Links