Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 18:39

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Thumbs up One day down....

Louise....almost one day down and that is terrific!! Way to go! I figure if I spend a lot of time typing here....at least I don't have time to eat!!! So maybe by checking out the different sites, it will keep you more occupied....sounds like you have a good plan, and that is 1/2 the battle! We are thinking about you!

Donnaj, did not have a kid yet....Luckily since I had to work a full day today....right now I am listening to a baby monitor next to the computer....one of the goats is totally snoring! LOL.....we had a pretty nice day today, but some stormy weather is coming in tonight....perhaps the pressure change may make something happen.....her due date is tomorrow.....funny thing though, last year she had been bred, gained a ton of weight, went into labor, I sat in the barn for hours...had a thunderstorm, I was freezing and cold so went in the house for 3 hours to sleep, came out and there was nothing.....so who knows what happened....a false pregnancy? The vet couldn't figure it out...so I am somewhat skeptical...I will believe it when I see it!!!

Got to go check on her again! I hear some noises!!!

You guys all have a great evening....Carol
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Busy ladies

Boy do we have a busy group out there today. What a great bunch of girls.

Ranger - I'm waiting to hear about the baby goat. Can we help name her?

DonnaJ - you're such a strong sister and aunt. Best wishes for you and your family for strength and good health.

Danielle - good luck on the new teaching job The weight loss will give you extra confidence and you'll cinch the interview.

scg - don't feel bad for taking a break. You're being good to yourself. Sometimes our mind and body needs a break. Spring is just around the corner. I think we all get more active with better weather and more sunshine.

LouiseV - you are doing fantastic! And I can smell your fresh clean wals from here! If the first 3 days are the worse, then you 1/3 over the hump.

Stating second week on induction. Doing great so far. Haven't even had a single craving. It is sooo much in the mind.

It's snowing like crazy here. Tomorrow we're supposed to get an icy rain. Where is Spring?? I want it to come now!

Hope all our petite ladies have a great week.
  #333   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 07:07

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Yea I'm still here!!!!!!!

Almost 33 hrs nicotine free Yesterday was not to bad, last night I had a restless sleep and my mouth has a yuky taste,so I keep brushing my teeth and chewing sugar free gum.
I'm ready for today so bring it on!!!!
You girls are really helping me with your encouragement!!!With everyones help I can do this!!!
Carole did you have your baby goat yet???I hope you weren't up all night in the cold!!
Dinky way to go on indution you're right it's really a mind thing, I'm realize that especially right now.
I hope your all doing well with your lo-carbing, so the Whoosh Fairy can come and visit us all before Easter.
O.K. WHO KIDNAPPED SPRING!!!!NOBODY HERE SEEMS TO KNOW WERE IT IS. I'd love to see him for a little bit..
Time to go work out...
Talk to you all later...
Louise
  #334   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 11:10

BF:
Unhappy Spring? What Spring?

Hi All,

Sorry folks, no baby goat yet....I kept the baby monitor on all night...man those critters can be noisy! My husband is not too impressed!

There is no guarantee, that there will even be a baby....this doe likes to fool me....she is showing some signs, but so far nothing....we were having a huge snowstorm, and all of a sudden it is freezing rain....so it will probably when the storm is at its worst?!LOL! But Dinky it would be fun if? and when she/he arrives for all of you to name it....the mother's name is Emma.

Dinky, way to go on the induction! I pretty much stick to induction all of the time...so when I have a little treat, like nuts or something...I maybe go to 30 carbs.....which I think is still pretty low.

Louise, you made it through the first day! Alright!.....it should get easier now right? I hope so.....and I hope spring shows its face sooner or later....my daffodils are looking like icicles right now!

A friend who is doing the Zone diet found some lo carb bread... called Rye lite....it has 15 grams of carbs in 2 slices but then it has 7 grams of dietary fiber, totalling 8 grams in 2 slices.....a sandwich perhaps??? She went back to buy some more, and there wasn't a loaf on the shelf....she talked to the store manager and he said it flies off the shelf, and it is hard to keep in stock.....so I guess all the lo carbing folks are on to it.....have any of you ever seen it?
My friend bought it at a Shaw's supermarket....I have not seen it here...but boy it sounds good.

Take heart my petite friends, spring will arrive!!!
Carol
  #335   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 14:26

BF:

Good Afternoon Ladies,
I'ts now been 40 hrs and things are going great!!!MAYBE TOO GOOD, I'm afraid maybe it will all hit me at once, because this isn't that bad....I'm thinking if this is the worse, why I didn't do this a long time ago, Oh well one day at a time!
My house is sure getting good and clean smells fresh, can't wait to open the windows.
Carole I hope if baby goat comes it's soon, so your DH can get a good night sleep...
Well I should go and wash the walls in the hallway now...
Chat with you all later my dearest petite friends
Louise
  #336   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 14:43

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default Im a wee one too

i am 5 foot 2 and currently 152. My goal is 130. The bad thing about being short is that every pound is noticed. The good thing about being short is that every pound is noticed. When I gain weight, even a couple pounds, it's quite apparent but when I loose a couple of pounds, it's a whole new world.
  #337   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 15:02
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Everyone, just wanted to say a quick hi...

Further, you're right about every pound counting when you're a petite! At least that works to our advantage now that we are all on the losing end! I've only lost a couple of pounds but people are already noticing

Louise, it sounds like you are doing GREAT! And just think how clean all your walls will be when you are done. I've never cleaned my walls before. It seems like so much work!

Carol, any news? You'll have to post a picture of the baby...

Ok, well I gotta go. Oprah is on and it's Dr Phil day. My favorite!
Suzy
  #338   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 21:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Angry Stop the snow!

It's snowing again.Freezing rain all day then snow to drive home in. My usual 20 minute drive took 1 hr 15 minutes tonight! Aargh. I need spring.

Made up one of the meatload recipes on the forum tonight to make for dinner tomorrow. Do you think the 20 yr old son can at least put it in the oven for me? Cross you fingers - tomorrow night hot dinner on time.

WELCOME FURTHER - you've found a home of friends. We're all in the same boat. You are so right about every pound. I was at 155 3 yrs ago the first time I did Atkins Every ten pounds is another size of clothes. But when you're going down ten pounds - that's really good news

Louse- you're doing awesome! Keep it up. You're overhalf way there. You know if you can do two days, you can do three. And if you do 3 then you can do 4. If you can do 4, you can do a week.

Gotta go to bed ladies. Have a great day tomorrow.
May the whoosh fairy visit you homes soon.
  #339   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 22:39

BF:
Default Evening Ladies....

Welcome Further! You have done terrific! How long have you been working on this? Our originating stats are similar.....I can't wait to be where you are! You will find a wonderful bunch of people here....they are the best!

Yukky weather here too....snow, sleet..argh....no baby goat yet....I think Emma is teasing me!!. Slipped in the barnyard and poured a whole bucket of cold water down my leg and into my boot! LOL! Now that will wake anybody up!

I was so busy today, but got tons of stuff done...dyed the easter eggs with my daughter, that was fun, made a set of drapes for a friend of mine, baked daughter's birthday cake, a cake and a batch of cherry cream cheese brownies for hubby to take to work this weekend...he has to work on Easter, but they all bring stuff in for a dinner, and he nominated me for dessert! The best thing about it, was I did not lick a bit of the frosting, or batter or any of it! (I was tempted though....but stuck to it! We can do this! We don't need that awful sugar!)

Louise, you have accomplished a lot today too, stick with it! You will feel so much better! Doesn't it feel great to clean down to the walls? I did my bedrooms a week or two ago, and it feels great to be in those rooms....the living and dining rooms are another story!!! LOL

It was storming so hard here today the satellite dish didn't work! The solution is to go out and buy some tulips or daffodils or hyacyinths and enjoy spring from the inside out! We deserve a fresh treat like flowers, right?

Well got to work in the am, and no telling how much Ice we will have.....Goodnite petites!
Carol
  #340   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 06:55

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!!
It's sunny outside and it's going to be +3 degrees today
Welcome to the group Further, were a really cool bunch of ladies ladies, need support for anything just let us know and were here....
Suzy good to here from you!!!
Dinky I'm sooo glad you made it home in one piece...I hate it when the roads are bad
Carole way to go on all that baking and not even having a taste. You go girl!!!!
Donna you must be busy, we didn't here from you yesterday.
Yes, Yes, Yes,....day 3 and I'm still a NON SMOKER!!!!
I don't know why I find the nights harder than the days, I have a hard time sleeping, I toss and turn....but that's ok I can deal with it.....Thank you my friends for all the encouragement, it's really helping, and my DH and Kids are so happy!!!Oh well another day today, my goal is not to take a puff or eat any sugar!!!
Have a great day buddies
Louise
  #341   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 10:19

Plan: Atkin's/Sugar Busters
Stats: 144/137/125
BF:
Progress: 37%
Smile Too late to join?

Hi, Ladies!

Is it too late to join your group? I am 5'4", and I have struggled with being a little overweight my whole life. I've always been athletic, so I've always heard "you just have a lot of muscle". That may have been true, but I was still above a healthy weight. I just started Atkin's 10 days ago, and I am excited about getting down to 125! I haven't been that small in 8 years! Maybe one day I can actually wear a bikini.
  #342   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 10:53

BF:

Welcome Utgal!!!
It's never too late to join the group....Welcome
We all have so much in common and our main goal is all the same loose weight, get fit and healthy!!!It's nice to have support from others who understand how you feel. You've come to the right place...
Best of luck to you
Louise
  #343   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 16:00

BF:
Default It's never too late.....

Welcome aboard the petite train to weightloss, Utgal....we are glad you can join us....this is a tremendously supportive group, and a lot of interesting folks participate....congrats on your weightloss so far, doesn't it feel great? Good luck!

LouiseV, you continue to amaze me! 3 days and counting....awesome....you are doing great......after baking all those goodies for DH last night....I am struggling today to stay on...I have already eaten 2 lo carb bars and an Atkins chocolate bar! Usually, if at all, I only have one per day......argh....it is funny, my DH is saying he has felt hungry all day too...it must be in the air!!!

Oh well, I will try to stay busy and not think about food....that darn goat had not produced anything yet....I wonder if she is even pregnant??? Frankly, I think she loves the special attention I give her.....she even gets a little white sugar each meal as a treat....(also keeps them out of ketosis....funny just the opposite of what I want to be! LOL)...personally, I think she is just milking it...(no pun intended!)

I can never be a really "good" farmer, cause I am too attached to my animals, and even if they aren't producing, I will find any excuse to keep them....let's just say I will probably never make a profit from my critters!!!! Oh well.....

Everyone have a great evening! And we can do this together!!!
Carol
  #344   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 19:26
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Ladies-

I was so excited when I woke up this morning and the scale said the whoosh fairy arrived. Then I wore a pair of pants I bought right before dieting. They are too big and I can pull the waist out a few inches. But something happened. I am a Preschool teacher and we were having our spring Party. Unfortunately I gave into temptation and ate chocolate and a brownie. I couldn't stop eating the mini- eggs. I have to say, they tasted pretty good. I know I will regret it the next time I get on the scale and there is a weight gain.

well thanks for listening
Danielle
  #345   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 19:36

BF:

Good Evening Ladies!!!
I kept busy today, it was so nice outside I broke all the ice out of the driveway!!!Good upper body workout too...
Carole I think that goat is fooling us all...I keep checking through out the day to see if she's had her baby yet...
If your more hungry than usual just eat more protein....you'll be fine!!!
Danielle way to go on the weight loss...we all fall off every now and then....You'll learn by your mistakes...It takes way too much work to loose a pound to risk regain it by chewing candy for 5 min.LOL
Still NICOTINE FREE!!!! A little bit of sweet cravings today...so I had a sugar free Hot Choc...low in carbs. but let my brain think it was sugar....
I'm going shopping tomorrow, so I'll talk to you all when I get back!!!!
Have a good low carb evening
Louise