Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Question INDIVIDUAL CARB LEVELS & LC PLANS

Hi there,

I am getting right confused here! I've been reading bits about the different LC diets and they all seem to work in their way. Why do they all work when they have differing allowances of Carbs? I've ordered some books from my library and will read in more detail, but I wondered if anyone had some simple explanations.

Also, for me I seem to be subconsciously scared to increase my carb levels much above Induction for fear of gaining or not loosing. I'm loosing about 1lb a week although sometimes it seems I go for longer than a week without loosing a lb. As I increase my carbs should I look to decrease fat or cals

What have other people found in terms of how high their carb levels can go before they stop loosing, I'd hate to think that not much more that 20 30 had to be it for life whereas other LC diets allow more to loose on, see why I'm confused. I just need a very simple explanation to work it all out.

I lost over 8 lb is the first 10 days on Induction but was probably eating more carbs than now in the way of salads etc now I know how much I'm eating as I'm checking Fitday every hour!! I think it's becoming obsessive, I was better off guessing

I've been reading postings here from people saying they haven't lost weight in ages and they have been doing the Atkins diet for absolutely ages, what's going on why? Suggestions of 'becoming' insulin resistant being on this diet, I'd be scared of this happening to me, any comments? I've only been on it since the beginning of February so early days, but I do feel the need for more veggies and fruit, the latter however, is not allowed much on Atkins, hence the quest into other LC diets which do, again help

Anyway hope this all makes sense maybe I am too impatient to loose.

Hope someone can help, my eyes are getting boggly with reading so much info all day, I need to rest from this I think and just eat LC sensibly! Whadya think?

HELP going mad with all this info.

Banana bye
Sponsored Links