Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 09:01

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%
Default Lean Body weight

I always do as I am told. I comply with instructions to the letter except the instructions that come with IKEA flatpacks. Why do my shelves look like swedish meatballs. But I digresss....

I have just been computing my body fat % as instructed in chapter 4 of PP. Wrist measurement three times. Did that . I felt so stupid, it was the same each time! In what way could I have got it wrong I am not sure.

Waist measurement three times. Ok, Eades has a point here I have trouble with the exact definition of waist. Is it where the belt goes round or is it the smallest circumference between hips and stomach? It turned out that my belt seems to find the least line of resistance anyway. Measured three times again. Exactly the same. I have consistency honed to perfection. It occured to me that perhaps it should be measurements over seperate days. But I follow instructions to the letter and it did not say to do that.

Now subtract waist minus wrist. Only do this once because mathematics is an exact science and it should not vary too much each time you do it.

Now weigh yourself. I was just stepping on the scales for the third time when I noticed that you only had to measure weight once. I humbly beg to differ with Dr. Eades. My weight is a matter of opinion, its calculation is now a fine art form and would need more than three times let alone a solitary weigh in.

The task now is to read off a chart with pounds on one axis and "waist minus wrist" calc on the other. Did that. All the accuracy of the average of three calculations is now superflous because the increment of measuerement for size increases by only half inches and the weight by 5 pounds.

And low it came to pass that my percentage of body fat read 29.

I turned the page to find out what is the relationship between waist minus wrist and weight and......nothing, zip, nah nah.

And I really wanted to know. I had obeyed all the instructions and yet Dr. eades could have thought up the first number that came into his head for all I know. I felt cheated.

Now don't get me wrong I love PP and I recommend it to anyone, but Dr. Eades ( or anyone else)if you are reading this can you put me out of my misery I am just dying to know.

Oh and Dr. Eades please read this post three times before replying. Ve haf vays of making you talk!

Last edited by rustpot : Fri, Mar-15-02 at 09:51.
Sponsored Links