Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 17:13

Plan: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution
Stats: 188/175/135 130
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi there

Hello everyone. My name is Bonnie, and I am new to this board stuff, so I hope that I am doing this right. I have no clue, what some of this stuff means on this board, but I will give it my best. Okkk, enough said about that.

My husband and I are on the Dr. Atkins diet in hopes that we will lost all this excess weight that we have put on. Yes, we both ate our share and then some in junk food, just loaded up the Carbs to the point that something must be done now. We are both 51, so we need to start taking care of our health better.

He won't be posting on this board, but, I will. I just wanted you to know that it is two of us doing this together which helps when you have a partner that is sharing the same diet as you. He weighs 260 lbs, and I was 188, now down to 175 lbs.

We are doing the Atkins diet because it worked for me when I was in my 20's when Dr. Atkin put out his 1st book, but to be honest, I was somewhat hestitate at 1st, because of our age, and because I was worried about the cholesterol part. But, so far we are feeling fine, and for the 1st time, we are actually losing the pounds, but I must be doing something wrong, since I am not losing as fast as I thought that I would.
Maybe it is because I need to start exercising more, to help burn off the weight. In any case, I am NOT giving up. I just need to get myself in gear and start moving this body.
I am so glad to have found a support group and I hope that together we can get tips and advice, and help each other towards our goals.
Thats all for now. Please feel free to respond to my message.
Have a nice evening.
Oh, and Good Luck to All.
Sponsored Links