Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 20:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins New Revolution
Stats: 286/223/145
BF:
Progress: 45%
Smile new member

Ok so here I go. I have been reading this site for about 2 months and have finally decided to write about my self. I think by doing so that I going to allow myself to belive that this time I can really make it. I've been overeweight since childhood. Basically my whole family was(except my older sister who of course was prom queen and a starter in every sport, but that's another story) My parents were always on diets. My first was in 3rd grade. I can remember sneaking food and the humiliation of being caught. To this day I have always been more of a closet eater. I remember being over weight as always tainting any success or accomplishment . Every year i yo yoed and gained more. The lowest weight I was ever was senior year high school at 177 and that was playin 3 sports. Off to college more weight gain. If I heard "you have a pretty face, you should try to lose weight" from one more person I would die. But there I was in school,trying every diet and gaining. Junior year I studied abroad and I remember trying to fast for 1 week. I graduated, went to work.(preschool, summer camp) I tried nutisystem, jenny craig, opti fast, weight watchers,B-12 shots and doctor visists, medifast and any thing else out there. (I'm sure you know the results} Finally desperation drove me to stomache stapling. I won't go into the terrible details. But remember there are no magic cures. I had the procedure done twice. mutilated my body. I maybe lost 30 lbs total. Couldn't eat much. But still gained. This is kind of long I'll try to consolidate. I met my husband. A terrific guy who don't ask me why but even at 200lbs. he made me feel loved and sexy. We have been married 15 years(I'M now 40) 3 kids and in those 15 years I went from 200 to 286. My husband , never overweight , also gained,about 50 pounds. My oldest son never had a problem , my middle son is over weight but not so noticably/ But my poor daughter what had I done to her . She became very over weight. She did not start to put on weight until she was 5.No matter how we tried to watch our wieght. She gained about 3 pounds a month. i could cry for her. Each stretch mark on her little body a testimony to my failure in helping her. I never wanted her to go through what I had. My husband did not grow up heavy. He didn't understand. yes I believe love your self as you are. But your mind can tell you all you want. Your heart is different You always feel less. no matter what you do. I have to do something to help her. My example I decided mattered more. I hope we can all make it. I put the whole family on atkins. I know from experience the other diets don't work. Since Oct. 28th 2001 my husband went from 254 to 207. I have gone from 286 to 227 and my daughter from148 to 140 ( she started in jan. She is 5 ft tall 10years old) My oldest is at college. My 13yr old has not lost as he runs away each weekend to a friends house as he says we have no "good" food in the house. But I refuse to bring anything in the house not on program . This is a family effort . Say a prayer for us . It's not easy especially for her . Everything around kids relates to food. But by posting this I'm allowing myself the hope to finally suceed. Good luck to everyone
Sponsored Links