Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 11:18

Plan: just low carbs
Stats: 166/152/135
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Newbie from Colorado

Hello,
I am Caso from Colorado. I am totally new to all of this. This is the first 'diet' I have ever gone on. In the past if I gained 5 pounds I'd quit eating, mow the yard,etc and lose 5 pounds. I always worked where you walked alot and exercised while working. Well...now for the past 5 yrs I have sat at a desk, no exercise. I am not 20 or 30 yrs old anymore, and I have gained weight. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life. I am short and big boned. Five extra pounds on my body is alot. Thirty-five is not pretty. I LOVE carbs. I could eat nothing but carbs. I quit eating carbs about 2 wks ago. I have lost about 15 pounds on the scales, but it doesn't seem to be showing any inches being lost. I have dug the old ab roller and threadmill that I bought and never used out of the back of the storage area. And after losing the initial 15 pounds no other weight is coming off. I imagine the first weight loss is from no sugar in my diet and water weight. So, I decided to join in this for support to keep from back tracking and eating the 5,000 carb (comfort foods) that I want RIGHT NOW! ha. I started looking at this site for some interesting recipes. I am not on any named diet. I just printed off a huge carb counter off of the internet and am trying to eat low carb and not go over kill on the calories at the same time. Again, new to all this so will just have to see if it works.
Looking forward to learning from all of you.
Caso
Sponsored Links