Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 22:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: //140 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:
Default so i tried Ben &Jerrys/went to LowCarb Grocery

well,I went to the LowCarb grocery I've seen mentioned on this board...at yonge and lawrence....i liked the store,although some stuff there was very expensive...however, in the fridge section, i found single slices of chocolate walnut cake for 1.49!!!! (5 net carbs for the whole thing)they were really filling and very good....rich too....
the cheesecake there is very expensive....2 little cups were 3.99 and a whole cheesecake is $14.99....well,good to know for bdays or holidays when not in the mood to bake.....
also,they have all atkins products,di vinci syrups in many flavours (12something each!!) soy chips,etc.,and i also bought a 20 pack of small wraps, for 6.99 (very pricey...i'll let yall know how it tasted)

on another note...i tried the BEN & JERRYS Vanilla Swiss Almond Carb Karma ice cream...and i cant express just how disappointed i was.....first i thought the icecream had gone bad,but the expiry said apr 2005....it tasted sooo dry and chalky...i couldnt believe it was ben n jerrys
the chocolate covered almonds in it were the only edible part....it tasted nothing like ice cream,or like french vanilla....it was just....really weird tasting...

whoever wants to try it, 7/11 (all locations) have a sale on ben &jerrys, buy 1,get 2nd half price..and they have the vanilla swiss almond carb karma one there.....its 2 net carbs /125mL...so the whole thing has 8 net carbs supposedly.....i ate the hole thing lol even though it was horrible (i'll never do that again) and didnt gain,but didnt lose either...............

has anyone else tried it? and what did yall think?
Sponsored Links